Dental Implant

Hot Topics

Most Shared

Top Stories

Top Stories

 
text size

Messiah students forced to evacuate residence hall due to oven malfunction

Updated: Tuesday, October 8 2013, 09:54 PM CDT
Reported by Donna Kirker-Morgan

Grantham -- A scare with a dormitory oven forced the evacuation of a Messiah College dormitory Tuesday.

Witmer Hall was evacuated at about 6.15 pm when fumes from a cleaning agent cause a foul odor and puff of smoke.

Multiple crews responded and aired out the building and one student was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Within an hour, the dormitory was reopened and its more than 300 freshmen residents were allowed back in.

The oven was removed as a precaution.Messiah students forced to evacuate residence hall due to oven malfunction


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!