Dental Implant

Hot Topics

Most Shared

Top Stories

Top Stories

 
text size

Stove was cause of row home fire in Harrisburg

Updated: Tuesday, January 7 2014, 01:19 PM CST
Written by: Rachel Snody (RSnody@local21news.com)

Four people were displaced following a row home fire in Harrisburg on Tuesday morning. Fire officials say a working smoke detector alerted and saved the family that lived in the home.

The fire broke out in the 200 block of Hummel Street just after 6:00 a.m. Tuesday. When fire crews arrived at the scene, they found a fire in the rear of  the first floor with heavy smoke on all three floors of the home.

The City of Harrisburg Bureau of Fire says all four occupants, two adults and two children made it out of the apartment and found shelter in a neighboring building.

Officials say the damage to the home is estimated at $35,000.

One firefighter was injured after slipping and falling on ice while attempting to put out the fire. He was taken to Harrisburg Hospital for treatment.

Officials say the fire started in an electric stove that was being used to warm the home.  The fire was ruled accidental.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Stove was cause of row home fire in Harrisburg


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!