Rules and Conditions
CBS 21 NO TEXT ZONE CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Pennsylvania residents who are 16 years of age or older, and who reside in the WHP viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media I, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast WHP (collectively the Station), WLYH, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Faulkner Honda, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
2. To enter, log on to www.CBS21.com and click on the No Text Zone link. Fill out the online registration form with your full name, email, telephone number, birth date, address, city, state, ZIP Code, accept the No Text Zone pledge, and submit. Alternatively, you can complete a paper entry while at the Hershey Bears game on Saturday, March 15, 2014, at the Giant Center in Hershey, PA. Visit the WHP and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center booth between 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. to obtain a No Text Zone sign-up sheet. Complete the sign-up sheet and submit while at the booth. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The online contest starts on March 1, 2014, and all entries must be received by the Station by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 31, 2014. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On April 3, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among all new valid No Text Zone registrations on record as of March 31, 2014.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive two (2) $50 Visa Gift Cards. The prize package is valued at $100.00. The gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Visa.
2. The winner will be notified by telephone. Before claiming the prize, winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) business days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. If the winner is a minor, then the winners parent(s) or guardian must sign the release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives the prize. The winner must also show picture identification to claim the prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within five (5) business days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid No Text Zone registrations.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household, per IP address.
7. Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., are not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media I, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WHP, 3300 North 6th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, and on the Station's website www.CBS21.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WHP, 3300 North 6th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, by April 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Media I, Inc., Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Faulkner Honda, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.